Sun City Track Meet
June 6, 2015—West Valley High School
Track Start Time 10am
Field Events Start Time 9am
Hurdles 15-16 boys/17-18 boys 110m
Hurdles 15-16 girls/17-18 girls 100m
Hurdles 13-14 boys 100m
Hurdles 13-14 girls 100m
Hurdles 11-12 boys 80m
Hurdles 11-12 girls 80m
400m all age divisions (girls followed by boys, youngest to oldest)
4x100m Relay all age divisions (girls followed by boys, youngest to oldest)
1500m all age divisions (boys will run with girls and open)
100m all age divisions (girls followed by boys, youngest to oldest)
800m all age divisions (girls followed by boys, youngest to oldest)
200m all age divisions (girls followed by boys, youngest to oldest)
4x400m Relay all age divisions (girls followed by boys, youngest to oldest)
9:00am Long Jump Girls; High Jump Boys
10:00am Shot Put Boys and Girls
10:30am Long Jump Boys; High Jump Girls
A few notes:
- We are going to have a 10 & Under hurdles. It will be 80 meters for both boys and girls and will be at the lowest setting the hurdles will be set to. If your child would like to do this, he/she will need to run hurdles at the next two Wednesday practices.
- It will be a rolling schedule. First event 80 meter hurdles will go off exactly at 10am. Athletes MUST check into their races 15 minutes before they start. Registration will be at the beginning of the 100 meter dash on the west end of the track. Our estimate is the meet will last about two hours but this is flexible depending on the number of athletes in each event.
- There will be medals for the first place finisher in each event.
- Parents please help your athletes get registered and to their race on time. Track and Field meets events WILL NOT WAIT for late starters. If your child misses their event, they will receive a DNS (did not start). Listen to the announcer for 1st or 2nd call to their event and they should be down at the start line. By the 3rd call, this means their race will go off is 2-5 minutes and they may or may not miss it.
- There will be an adult 1500 meters as well as a mixed ages 4X100 meters dash. Cost is $5 unless you are related to a Sun City athlete and then it is free for parents/families.
- If your athlete is going to be competing in both a field event and a running event, check in at the field event FIRST, then listens for the running event. At SECOND call, go to the running event and let the person know who is running the field event he/she will leave run their race and then immediately return to their field event.
- We will not be conducting discus, javelin, steeplechase, running events longer than 1500 meters, and pole vault in the meet.
- Cost is $5/event for non-Sun City Athletes. Meet is open to the community.
- Since it is the first race for most of our team members, we will be starting each event with a whistle and not a starter’s pistol.
- Please register for your race/relay the week of June 1st at either the Franklin or West Valley practice. This will really help us plan on the number of athletes per event. Each athlete is allowed to compete in two track events, one field event, and one relay.
Parents: Please contact Aleah at AleahMickelson at msn.com or myself (Erik Mickelson) through Facebook letting us know how you can help in the meet. We will need:
- Nine to help with timing
- Two with registration
- Two for long jump
- Two for high jump
- One for shot put
- One to run the PA system