You will see in the brochure that we are sending out in a few weeks that we have three different seasons to sign up for in cross-country.
Regular Season–Sept. 12- Oct. 12th: 5:30pm – 6:30pm on Mondays & Wednesdays only; $40, t-shirt, all local meets, and popsicles!
Extended Season–Sept. 12-November 20: 5:15pm – 6:30pm; Monday, Wednesday, & Fridays; $70, t-shirt, all meets (local, statewide, and post-season), and popsicles!
Postseason Only-$40, Oct. 24th-November 20th, same time as other practices (remember daylight savings). Three practices a week, shirt, and all post-season meets.
If you have previously run, I’d recommend you start in your same group you ended up last year until you consistently start placing in the top 5 in practice and then it is time to move up into the next group. Other reasons to join a different group: your best friend is in that group, you are training for the post-season, etc. With close to 80 kids, we will have 80 individual stories and this is where there are coaches to help out. The number one goal in running is not what goal you are in, but whether it is fun and injury free.
I like to use my kids as an example. My 13 and 9 year old daughters will be in group 1 because they are really competitive. My 11 year old daughter likes the social aspect of running so she will be in group 2. My four year old . . . well is four so he will be coached by Aleah in group three and our main goal for him is to learn the basics of sport (staying in lines, working as a team, socializing, etc.).
One of Aleah and my goals is for kids to love to run and money should not be a reason to not run so we do our best to make the prices as even and low as possible.
- Those running in the post-season must have a valid USATF card which are good from last track season or cross-country season for previous athletes. For new athletes, they run about $30.
- If you are interested in being a coach, contact coach Erik. We need ten coaches for the ideal coach/athlete ratio.
- Download registration form off suncityharriers.com (will be ready next week probably). I just need to get pricing on new sweatshirts and sweats and jackets for those that want those to add to the form.
- $10 discount for each additional child (i.e. first child is $40, 2nd is $30, 3rd is $30, etc. if you get it post-marked by September 5th, take another $5 off each child). This is very beneficial to large families and we have a few. Where else can you sign up a family of four for $110 (assuming it is post-marked by September 5th)!
- $5 discount per child if post-parked by September 5th plus your child gets their shirt sooner!
Give me a call, text, or leave a question on the FaceBook page and I’ll get back to you. I like FaceBook questions because then everyone else can see the answers.